TOSSWARE took inspiration from fall classics like cranberry sauce, caramel apples, and pumpkin pie for this month's cocktail recipes. With the holidays approaching, tasty drinks aren't just for the adults. A seasonal punch, mocktail, or cocktail is the perfect addition for everyone at the table.
We've created pie-inspired and alcohol-free punch for kids in two different ways. One is a more savory pumpkin pie punch and the second is a sweet caramel apple punch. For the adults, we shook up a couple variations of cranberry cocktails- a cranberry old-fashioned for the whiskey drinkers and a crowd-pleasing cranberry mule for the rest of your guests.
Apple Pie Punch
This punch tastes so much like a real apple pie, you'll want it a la mode. We recommend serving it in the 6oz TOSSWARE Flute Jr., a perfect size for little hands. The plastic cup looks elegant but is completely shatterproof- ideal for the kid's table!
1 ½ Gallon Apple Cider
1 Pint Caramel Sauce
2 Tablespoons Apple Pie Spice Mix
½ Gallon Cream Soda
1. Use a large beverage dispenser to mix this punch. Start by pouring the caramel sauce into the dispenser.
2. Slowly add apple cider, whisking to combine the juice with the caramel sauce.
3. Stir in apple spice mix.
4. Top the punch off with cream soda and sliced apples.
5. For extra flair, dip TOSSWARE cups into a small bowl of caramel sauce and then apple pie spice mix before serving.
Pumpkin Spiced Punch
There's definitely a pumpkin spice mania this fall but for good reason- pumpkin spice is delicious! Almost everyone enjoys the combination of savory pumpkin and sweet spices. This punch is more savory than the apple pie punch as it uses real pumpkin. We used a can of pureed pumpkin, but home roasted and blended pumpkin works just as well.
1½ gallons of Apple Cider
1 Can of Pumpkin
1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix
½ Gallon Cream Soda
1. Mix the pumpkin pie spice into the can of pumpkin with a spoon until spread throughout.
2. Add spice pumpkin and apple cider to a drink dispenser and stir until smooth.
3. Add cream soda and cranberries on top right before serving.
4. Serve and enjoy!
Cranberry Old Fashioned Cocktail
An old-fashioned is a simple whiskey cocktail is made with bitters, a sugar cube, and orange peel oils. For our fall old-fashioned, we replaced the bitters with a cinnamon stick and the sugar in cranberry juice. Adding a squeeze of orange juice from an orange wedge adds just the right amount of sweetness. This cocktail is best served in a rocks glass or TOSSWARE's 12 oz Tumbler Jr. cup.
1 oz Cranberry juice
2 oz Whiskey
1. Fill TOSSWARE's 12oz Tumbler with ice. Add cranberry juice, ice, and whiskey to a shaker. Shake for 20-45 seconds and strain back into the tumbler.
2. Add a fresh cinnamon stick and stir well.
3. Cut a quarter of an orange slice, squeeze the juice into the cup, and place onto the rim of the cup.
4. Serve with the cinnamon stick and enjoy.
Cranberry Mule Cocktail
The cranberry mule adds a new dimension to the classic Moscow Mule. A Moscow Mule typically uses ginger beer, rum, and simple syrup. Typically garnished with mint, the Moscow Mule is a refreshing summer drink. Adding tangy cranberry juice takes it into autumn.
1 oz Cranberry Juice
2 oz Rum
1 oz Simple Syrup
2 oz Ginger Beer
1. Add cranberry juice, rum, simple syrup, and ice to a shaker.
2. Shake for 15-20 seconds and strain into TOSSWARE's 18oz Tumbler.
3. Top the cocktail with ginger beer. Use 2 ounces or more depending on preference.
4. Garnish with fresh cranberries and serve.