Drop the food coloring because green beer has put on a suit and classed it up for TOSSWARE's March cocktail. Boozier than just beer, the TOSSWARE Greenerita has a splash of tequila and packs a vitamin C punch with fresh muddled kiwi. The term "green-beer" was originally coined to refer to beer that hadn't been sufficiently aged. In the early 1900's green-beer was "unripened" beer. The first time green beer was served intentionally was at a bar in New York City on St. Patrick's Day, 1914! These days most people think of a lager with blue food coloring as green beer. For St. Patrick's Day 2016 TOSSWARE's re-defining green beer with truly green ingredients: limes and kiwis!
The base of TOSSWARE'S Greenerita is a bulldog margarita (limeaid, tequila, and a lager). We substituted the classic bulldog margarita beer, Corona with a Guinness American Lager. Toss in some fresh muddled kiwi for the perfect St. Patrick's Day's green cocktail. The Greenerita is best served in TOSSWARE's 18 oz pint glass with a salted rim. The glass-like plastic rim is perfectly rounded and ideal for drinking without a straw.
TOSSWARE'S ST. PATRICK'S DAY GREENERITA
Serves 2 in TOSSWARE's 18oz plastic pint glasses.
1/4 cup of lime juice
1/4 cup of sugar
2 and 1/2 cups of water
3 ripe kiwis
3 ounces of Tequila
1 bottle of Guinness Blonde American Lager
1. Start by stirring up a refreshing homemade batch of kiwi-limeade.
2. Heat sugar and half a cup of water in a saucepan over medium heat to make a simple syrup. Stir regularly until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. Meanwhile, chop and muddle three kiwis in a glass.
4. Add muddled kiwi, lime juice, simple syrup, and two cups of water to a pitcher.
4. Stir well! For a non-alcoholic option, stop here and serve the refreshing kiwi-limeade over ice in TOSSWARE'S 18oz Pint.
1. For those celebrating St. Patrick's Day Irish style, it's time to add the booze.
2. Start by rimming your TOSSWARE pint with coarse salt. Rub a lime wedge around the rim and tap the rim all the way around on a plate of salt.
3. Add 1 cup of homemade kiwi-limeaid, 3 ounces of tequila, and ice to a large shaker. Shake well.
4. Strain over fresh ice into two 18 oz TOSSWARE disposable plastic pint glass.
5. Fill the pint the rest of the way with your choice of Lager, we chose the Ireland-based Guinness American Blonde.