Simple, tasty, and totally photogenic for your next gathering!
TOSSWARE's perfectly shatterproof drinkware shouldn't be limited to only drinks! We partnered with local Los Angeles chef Stacey Whitney of Spoonful of Honey pastries to make an hors d'oeuvre that's sure to please your guests - the panko crusted shrimp with chive aioli. TOSSWARE's 4oz tasters are perfect for serving up single portions of shrimp and sauce. We know this isn't an official aioli, but the simply spiced greek yogurt has a very similar and satisfying flavor with the crispy shrimp. Check out the recipe below!
1/2 lb of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 egg whites
1 cup panko bread crumps, portioned into two half cup portions
Pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 tablespoons of cornstarch
1 tablespoon of chives, sliced thinly
Oil for frying
1 cup of Greek yogurt
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon freshly chopped chives
- Bring 2 cups of frying oil to low heat. Oil should not be boiling or producing steam. You can make sure it's hot enough by dropping a bit of batter in to see if the oil bubbles
- Put 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs, cornstarch, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes into a grinder or food processor. Grind until fine and empty into a shallow dish
- Mix the remaining 1/2 cup of coarse panko crumbs and add chives into the dish
- Whisk together egg whites in a separate bowl
- Dip shrimp into egg whites then transfer into breading dish
- Coat shrimp completely in breading. Tap lightly to make sure all sides are coated
- Drop shrimp into frying pan. Let fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes, then use a slotted spoon to transfer them onto a paper towel
- Let cool while mixing your chive aioli
- Whisk together greek yogurt, salt, pepper, red pepper and 1/2 tablespoon of chives
- Spoon into the bottom of your 4oz TOSSWARE taster cups. Sprinkle fresh chives on top
- Slide a toothpick through your shrimp and place it on top of the cup for guests to dip into!
No one ever turns down a sample. Our taster size holds just the right amount — a nice generous couple sips. Enough to wet your whistle and pique your interest.
Ideal for — Shots and tastings