After a long day in the Los Angeles sun, we can’t help but crave a good ol’ bubble tea. Sipping on those colorful variety of tasty flavors paired with delicious tapioca pearls (optional, of course) through an extra thick straw always cools us off. Luckily, you can make an iced cold glass of bubble tea right at home. Customize your toppings like we did! Our go-to toppings are cheese foam and oreos! Don’t be afraid to fill it to the brim in a TOSSWARE 12oz Can.
WHAT YOU NEED
Ingredients for one serving
1/2 cup dry tapioca pearls
3 cups strongly brewed tea (we prefer black tea)
3-4 tablespoons sugar (to taste)
1/2 milk or almond milk, or sweetened condensed milk
½ cup of cheese foam
TOSSWARE 12oz Can
5 oz whip cream
7 oz of cream cheese
3 oz whole milk
1 tsp of salt
3 oz of sugar
TO PREPARE THE CLASSIC MILK TEA
- Brew black tea in water.
- After brewing the tea in water, add sugar while the tea is still hot. Stir the tea to dissolve all the sugar. Chill the tea mixture until it’s completely cold. This step is best if prepared the day ahead.
- Cook tapioca pearls according to package instructions
- Make the cheese foam
- Divide the warm tapioca pearls into 2- (16 oz) glasses. Pour the cold tea into the two glasses.
- Pour 1/4 cup milk into each of the glasses. Stir with a straw and enjoy!
TO PREPARE THE CHEESE FOAM
- In a mixing bowl, mash cream cheese into smaller pieces.
- Add sugar into the cream cheese and with a hand mixer beat until sugar dissolves.
- Slowly introduce milk into the bowl and continue whisking.
- Whisk until it’s foamy and set aside for 5 minutes
- Mix in whip cream until foamy
Cheers from all of us at TOSSWARE!