Since TOSSWARE is based in sunny Los Angeles, this cold cider with warm flavor tones is the perfect December cocktail. We think it's best served in our 12oz luxury disposable tumbler. The 12oz Tumbler Jr is similar to a bucket glass, but with a rounded lip- ideal for our apple cinnamon garnish. The recipe below is for two glasses, but read on for our suggestions on making a party size bowl of cider!
The mix of sweet and sour in maple bourbon cider is what makes it such a crowd pleaser. Don't shy away from using our secret ingredient, cayenne pepper! It brings all the flavors together in unforgettable way. A little bit goes a long way so just a dash will balance the sweet maple syrup and sour lemon juice.
We used Martinelli's sparkling cider for a festive bubbly kick, but try it with flat cider for a smoother taste or hard cider for an extra punch.
TOSSWARE'S Maple Bourbon Cider
Serves 2 in TOSSWARE's 12oz plastic tumbler jr.
Ingredients3 ounces bourbon whiskey
6 ounces sparkling apple cider
1 ounce maple syrup
1 ounce lemon juice
Cinnamon and sugar mix
1. Start by rimming your two TOSSWARE 12oz Tumbler Jr with cinnamon and sugar. Mix equal parts on a small plate. Rub a lemon wedge around the edge of the tumblers and dip them in the plate. Place a few large ice cubes in the tumblers and set them aside.
2. Add the bourbon whiskey, apple cider, maple syrup, and lemon juice to a large shaker. Fill the rest of the way with ice. Add a dash of cayenne pepper.
3. Give it a good shake and strain half into each tumbler over the fresh ice.
4. Garnish the TOSSWARE Tumbler Jrs with an apple wedge and cinnamon stick.
5. Serve immediately and enjoy!