TOSSWARE's perfectly shatterproof drink ware shouldn't be limited to only drinks! We partnered with local Los Angeles chef Stacey Whitney of Spoonful of Honey pastries to make 3 tasty shooters. Try one of these delicious recipes served in TOSSWARE's sampler series for your next celebration.
We started with a simple appetizer shooter of olives and feta. These flavors are classic, salty, and crowd-pleasing. TOSSWARE'S 6oz Flute Jr.'s are just the right size to fill halfway or all the way to serve. We filled ours halfway for a lighter appetizer before our star, panko crusted shrimp with chive "aioli." TOSSWARE's 4oz tasters are perfect for serving up single portions of shrimp and sauce. We know this isn't an official aioli, but the simply spiced greek yogurt has a very similar and satisfying flavor with the crispy shrimp.
We finished off with a berries and cream mini trifle in TOSSWARE's 7oz sampler cup. The layers of sweet cream and berries atop thick bread pudding melts in your mouth. There is quite a bit of sugar in this recipe but the small portions of a mini trifle in TOSSWARE'S sampler cups keep it from being overwhelming. Crystal clear, shatterproof TOSSWARE highlights the beautiful layers with simple clean-up afterwards.
Check out the full recipes below.
PANKO CRUSTED SHRIMP & CHIVE AIOLI
Serves 8 in TOSSWARE's 4oz Taster Cups
1/2 lb of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 egg whites
1 cup panko break crumbs, portioned into two half cup portions
Pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 tablespoons of cornstarch
1 tablespoon of chives, sliced thinly
Oil for frying
1 cup of Greek yogurt
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon freshly chopped chives
Panko Crusted Shrimp
1. Bring 2 cups of frying oil to low heat. Oil should not be boiling or producing steam. You can make sure it's hot enough by dropping a bit of batter in to see if the oil bubbles.
1. Put 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs, cornstarch, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes into a grinder or food processor. Grind until fine and empty into a shallow dish.
2. Mix the remaining 1/2 cup of coarse panko crumbs and add chives into the dish.
3. Whisk together egg whites in a separate bowl.
4. Dip shrimp into egg whites then transfer into breading dish.
5. Coat shrimp completely in breading. Tap lightly to make sure all sides are coated.
6. Drop shrimp into frying pan. Let fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes, then use a slotted spoon to transfer them onto a paper towel.
7. Let cool while mixing your chive aioli.
1. Whisk together greek yogurt, salt, pepper, red pepper and 1/2 tablespoon of chives.
2. Spoon into the bottom of your 4oz TOSSWARE taster cups. Sprinkle fresh chives on top.
3. Slide a toothpick through your shrimp and place it on top of the cup for guests to dip into!
OLIVE & FETA SHOOTER
1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups black olives
1 cup green olives
1 cup of cubed feta cheese
1/2 cup roasted red pepper pieces
1/4 cup fresh parsley
BERRIES & CREAM MINI TRIFLE
Serves 8 in TOSSWARE's 7oz Sampler Cups
1 cup of fresh raspberries
1 cup of fresh blueberries
Bread PuddingLoaf of brioche
2 cups of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups of milk
1/4 cup (one stick) melted butter
Pastry CreamPint of Milk
1/2 cup of sugar
3 Egg yolks
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons butter
Pint of heavy cream
1 cup of powdered sugar
1. We'll start by making our pastry cream since it needs to cool in the fridge for at least an hour. While we're doing that put a metal bowl in the freezer for our whipped cream later.
2. Scald milk and 1/2 cup of sugar in a pan. Meanwhile whisk together egg yolks, 1/2 cup of sugar, and cornstarch in a separate bowl.
3. When the milk is hot slowly pour 1/4 cup of the hot liquid into the eggs and sugar stirring constantly. Pour that bowl into the scalded milk whisking constantly.
4. Remove from hear and add vanilla, pinch of salt, and butter. Cover with plastic and put into an ice bath to cool. Transfer to fridge and let cool for at least an hour.
5. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
6. Whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, milk and butter.
7. Put the brioche loaf into a well oiled 9x13" pan and pour milk mixture over it ensuring that all parts of the bread are soaked.
8. Bake for 40 minutes or until firm.
9. Cut rounds of the bread pudding and place in the bottom of TOSSWARE's 7oz sampler cups. Cover with a layer of fresh raspberries.
10. Add on a a half inch layer of the chilled pastry cream and then blueberries.
11. Take metal bowl out of the freezer for best results and mix heavy cream in it on low speed until starts to thicken.
12. Slowly sift in powdered sugar, mixing on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
13. Pipe whipped cream on top and place a fresh strawberry on each TOSSWARE cup to finish it off!
These shooter appetizers and mini trifle desserts are the perfect thing for a holiday party or mixer. With crystal clear TOSSWARE, all the lovely ingredients of the shooter is highlighted. Stay tuned for more great food and drink recipes and follow @spoonfulofhoneypastries to see more of Chef Stacey's creations!